Friday, April 18, 2014

In Review: Natural Hair Community’s Whipped Amla Butter& Hibiscus Peppermint Leave-In

Allie, from the Natural Hair Community sent me some products from her line a couple weeks ago.I received the Whipped Amla Butter and the Hibiscus Peppermint Leave-In.



Whipped Amla
butter 2oz $5
This butter can be used to style twists,curls,braids and seal locs. Ingredients: Pure Unrefined Raw Ivory Shea Butter, Amla Powder, Hibiscus and Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Essential Oil Blend. I LOVE the ingredients all natural and curly girl friendly!




The texture to me was kind of fluffy and thick.You will  only need a little cause a lot goes a long way!The scent is very light with a lavender scent.I really loved the smell of this butter!






Hibiscus Peppermint Leave-In $13.00
Ingredients Distilled Water infused with Certified Organic Hibiscus Flower, Marshmallow Root and Burdock Root, Cupuacu Butter, Pure Raw Unrefined Ivory Shea Butter, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Avocado Oil, BTMS (Emulsifier) Agave Nectar, Vegetable Glycerin, Guar Gum, Optiphen (Preservative), Peppermint Essential Oil

The texture is creamy and rich




Before, I go into my review, I Just need to say thank you so much Allie  for sending me your products to review. I started off by co-washing my hair with the Hibiscus Peppermint Leave-In, the description  states that you can use this product as a leave-in ,moisturizer, or as a co-washing product.You can also use on wet,damp or dry hair. The smell is a light peppermint smell.It gives good slip and my scalp had a nice tingling feeling.Next, I applied a dime size to my hair for a leave-in conditioner.My hair felt so hydrated and soft.It also worked  well as a detangler. I decided to use the amla butter as a styler for my chunky flat twist-out. .I sectioned my hair in 4parts using just a little butter to each section,evenly distributing and then a little on my ends.I then flat twist my hair up in a chunky flat twist-out style.My hair was soft,moisturized and well defined.I was very happy with the results!




If you want to try out any of Allie’s products, here is a link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment