Monday, September 30, 2013

Shea Moisture Hair Color Review


Shea Moisture Hair Color  Review



Shea Moisture Hair Color  Review



Here is my review of the Shea Moisture Hair Color:) A couple days ago I decided that it was time to try a new hair color.I’ve been sporting a reddish ombre for a couple of months now.I knew it was time to change my color.I decided to try the Shea Moisture Hair Color  system with no ammonia and no Sulfates. A couple days before coloring  my hair I deep conditioned overnight using the Shea Moisture deep treatment masque.Anytime you are going to color your hair it is very important to prep your hair for the coloring process.Always remember to deep condition your hair which will add the extra needed moisture , protein treatments are also good.If you have any doubts about what to do please consult with a professional hair colorist. I purchased this product from Target for $14.99 the color I chose was light blond.The packaging is so beautiful! It comes with a shampoo,conditioner,application brush,latex-free gloves, developer, color crème ,and finishing elixir(oil) in a pretty little pouch.Shea Moisture Color is ammonia-free, permanent and has no sulfates. I started out by detangling my hair and put my hair into 2 sections.When the detangling was done,I took the front section down and put on a highlighter cap.I only wanted to add color to The front adding highlights. I applied using the application brush that was provided in the box.Once, all the color was on my head I sat under a hooded dryer for 25minutes.The instructions stated to leave on 30 minutes but I got nervous.If I would have left it on the required time my hair would have been more blonder for sho.  Afterwards, I used the products that were provided and then proceeded to use an Apogee 2minute Reconstructor treatment. This color didn't change my curl pattern, my hair wasn't dry it actually was more softer. I’ve tried a few other color products in the past, but have not gotten the results that I have with this color product.The application and the process was rather easy with no mess, no staining. It doesn’t have a heavy aggressive chemical smell at all.This product could be a little thicker,but it was still okay. Would I use Shea Moisture hair color again? Yes, I love this color product!

Shea Moisture Hair Color products are available at 400 select Target stores throughout the U.S. Click here to view the list of locations near you!









1 comment:

  1. I wish there were more reviews about this hair dye as I have been wanting to try it. That is the exact color I am striving for. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete