Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is known for its beneficial qualities from its culinary uses to its many healing properties. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, commonly recognized as EVCO, is produced in the best way to retain the highest content of nutrients in its purest form. Few know of the greatness it does for the hair, I just wanted to share what I gathered from using Coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is very light on the strands and is one of the few oils with moisturizing properties.
- EVCO can be used as a base for other oils, such as castor oil or essential oils.
- May be used as a deep conditioner by itself, free of other agents, to condition the hair naturally. There is no risk of over-conditioning with EVCO, as the hair will just soak it right up.
- Great for Pre-Poo treatments, as it protects the hair from the drying effects of sulfate-laden shampoos.
- Seals in moisture and leave-ins.
- Wonderful for scalp massages because it is so light.
- Lightly conditions hair and does not cause a greasy, weighed down feel.
- Helps in length retention when applied to ends consistently
- Coconut oil can be a good styling oil for hair too, as it melts on heating and then condenses on cooling. So when you apply it on your hair,it thins and spreads evenly due to heat of the scalp soon afterwards ,as the hair comes in contact with air, the oil on hair condenses on cooling and thus works as a styling gel.