DIY Whipped Shea Butter Recipe
I just wanted to share this whipped Shea butter recipe that I like to use during the winter months.
What you will need:
8oz of Shea Butter (ivory) or African Butter (yellow)
1 Tbsp of Jojoba oil
1 Tbsp of regular Castor oil or Black Jamaican oil
1 Tbsp of Almond oil
1 Tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel
1. Melt the Shea butter, I used the double boiler method
2. Remove from heat and let cool
3. Stir in remaining oils and gel
4. Let the mixture continue to cool down to it begins to Solidify ( Don’t let it completely harden the)
5. Whip until the mixture reaches a cake /butter like consistency
6. Transfer to a clean airtight container for storage.