Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Journey to Natural Hair


Let me tell you a little about why I went natural. Well, I would always ask myself the question, what does my thick, curly, frizzy hair actually look like? Was  there a way! I could take care of my hair without using chemicals, hot curlers, or having to wear a wig and weaves? There was always a battle for me with wondering how my hair really looked. The first time I tried to go natural was after the birth of my daughter in 2007.I cut my hair really short having all chemicals cut out, but  it didn’t work for me cause it was so brittle and dry .I didn’t know what to do with my hair at that time ,I never even knew about YouTube and all the tutorials on hair on there. I ended up going back to the relaxer (creamy crack).So about 4years later of using chemicals; my hair grew increasingly damage and thinning out around the edges and very severe dandruff. I knew that I had to change my European mindset of wanting straight hair  and it was time for me to come back to my African roots and be proud of what the creator had bless me with the beautiful hair growing from my scalp. It was in December 2010 ,I decided no more creamy crack for me. The last relaxer for me was November 2010.I transitioned for approximately 10months.The battle of the two hair textures lead me to do the BIG CHOP on October 16,2011.I felt so liberated, empowered and happy to be natural! I will NEVER go back to the relaxer!!!I'm  most beautiful being natural:)
My goal is a full even NL upstretched &SL stretched.
Maybe APL later but I'll be happy with SL:)
The BIG CHOP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment